I’m looking to mentor two graduate level students in the Experience Design field (UX, UXD, UCD, IxD, ED, HCI, etc). As a recent graduate myself I know that having a good mentor while going through a graduate program can mean quite a lot.
I’m offering the following:
- 6-9 months of mentorship
- Review and critique of design work
- Help understanding field
- Help understanding graduate school
- Advice of any kind
- Review, critique, and help with portfolio and resume
I’m looking to mentor any student currently enrolled in a graduate program in the fields listed above who posses the following qualities.
- 1st or 2nd year student
- English speaking
- Ability to listen to blunt, upfront critique
- Desire to work in the field (not looking to get into a phd program)
- Enjoys design beyond research (I love research as well, but I want you to love design also)
- Sense of humor
- Wants to be active in the design field
- a ‘go getter’
I’m based in San Francisco, but you can be based anywhere. I will mostly be able to mentor through email, IM, phone calls, and video calls. If you are interested, please send me an email directly explaining why you want to be mentored (can be brief).